Saturday, October 08, 2005

The Process of Elimination Pt.II


In online dating I have met a total psycho control freak, a woman that I got along with but that failed to mention an interracial child after $300 in long distance charges (we were matched by e-harm), and a former 365 lbs beast (yeah lots of extra skin). There are many more, but this is some insight for you. I have actually fallen in love with someone I met (Unfortunately it was like a month into a three month subscription, so I wasted most of it) . We managed to date for 5 months,..but realized that we were exactly alike and that DID cause major problems….. I have met people with common interests and major issues. This is an interesting point, issues. In most cases I knew why they were single and were using online dating (You can’t hear someone snort when the laugh if they are a PC away or see that they are total control freaks or jealous as hell). I think most people online use their alter ego to set up their profile, but it is more what they want to be then what they are. This is not true all the way around,…but just like a picture,..things may not be what they appear. (consult the mirror in your car “Objects may be closer than they appear”) I have been able to see pictures of most of my dates prior to meeting them and still amazed that the camera can just out right lie!!!! A picture is worth a thousand words my butt! I think the entire dating world uses photoshop! Truly though this is no different than regular dating especially if the initial meeting involves alcohol.....you never know what you have until 3 weeks into it!!! I guess the most fundamental difference is exposure.....online you can be available to 100 + people for $25-$50. And most are actually single, so good odds if you are the betting type.E-dating is all the time anytime…no matter their schedule, yours, or whether you like blackened redfish. The primary problem is that it is heavily weighted towards the woman. Yeah just like the entire world of dating. She puts up a picture and the emails start to flow. Its usually is the guy that makes first contact. Her inbox will be full, you'll be lucky if you get 5 responses to 20 emails you send. Now to be fair. The women that I have dated and had a good time with or even a relationship, emailed me first. Not that I didn’t find them attractive enough to email, I just hadn’t gotten to them yet. So it does go both ways, but I suspect it also depends on your area and your profile. I try to be funny as hell in mine. It is my personality. I am also honest about what I want and what I like. The woman, as always, will have her choice of who to email back. I would say that better than 50% of the men, just mass e-mail,....every girl they think even remotely cute and most don't read the profile of the women they are emailing. I have learned this through various dates with girls I met online. Here is a list of what the woman I have met (some good, some nightmares have said about doing online dating: 1) The men are usually short{thank God I am 6’1+} 2) Stupid love poems in the first email 3)stalkers, men that just keep emailing 4)Emails that completely try to sound like the man actually read the profile, but obviously didn't 5) Men with pictures posted and no shirts (that must be the testosterone and probably why they are still single) 6) Total BS in the profile 7) Unmentioned baggage, like wife, kids, ex’s, and so forth 8) freaks, guys that are online because they simply can’t get a date. There are more, but you get the point and these were the most I heard about. In online dating you have to still do the dance,..but you can be veiled in anonymity, and you may actually be able to get your personality or humor across before you actually meet in person. It completely helps you weed out some,….uhhh or be weeded out. But, either way I like the odds. At least you know that they are single and you have a fighting chance to talk. At a bar,..you may get shot down as you leave the runway or find she has someone she is dating or any number of other things….at least here you know that you are amongst the singles….for the most part. It also makes it easier to meet for a drink or date someone because you already know a little bit about everything regarding them…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home