Friday, March 10, 2006

More History of Dating Dave

Some of the folks that read this blog, have emailed me or commented that there is no way that all of these things can happen to one guy.....Well, just to prove it is so.....I am going to tell you about the oddest date I have been on and again this goes back to highschool. These things are not so unusual to me, since they have been happening ever since I started dating. This IS EXACTLY why the blog was perfect......so again we go back in the time machine to 1988....Senior Prom.
It was about two weeks before the prom and I had no date, this was typical,..but I also went to more proms than most people,...not because 12th grade was the hardest four years of my life or anything,..but simply because I dated girls from other schools....in total I guess I went to 5 differnt proms, three for my school and 2 for others....from 10th to 12th grades. But my Senior Prom was the oddest. I met this young lady Heidi, about two weeks before.....her and I hit it off for whatever reason and I had found my prom date. She was a little cutey too. Blonde Hair, big blue eyes and very voluptuous for our age.....she was a pretty good girl,..but I thought maybe I had a shot for post prom trying to get some.....yeah men learn to be pigs at young ages....besides thats what proms were for weren't they,..that and some stupid pictures that cost you half a weeks pay, right?
Anyway,....the night of the prom, I get all dressed in my rental tux (oooh actually I actually owned that tux) and headed to her place to meet her parents and get pictures taken and what not. I arrive and her folks were very nice,..they lived near another highschool, in fact the one that my dad graduated from. She went there as well. I met her dad first and her Mom took off to get the camera....so we chatted with her dad. Her mom came back and started directing us where to stand and so forth. All the while she kept giving me this look....this look like I know you! But nonetheless she kept snapping pics...after a few minutes she asked me "What was your name, again?" (Yeah I have heard that from plenty in my life time,..but my dates Mom???) Well after I told her she says my last name again,..and told us to hold on,..she disappeared for a few,..then comes back with some photos, black and white photos.....It was of her at a prom,...and sure enough standing next to her was my Dad,..she was his date to his senior prom....there was much laughing and I guess the nuts don't fall far from the tree do they....?
Are we starting to establish a pattern here? Perhaps I am destined to be single forever,...but you can bet if I meet and marry someone,....it will be one hell of a story! Just thought I would share this one,..while I am waiting for the other shoe to drop with Cubana.....I will be seeing her this weekend after shooting myself in the foot last Wednesday,...we'll see how it goes and if I can recover with grace..............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home