Monday, February 27, 2006

Gut Instincts

In this post I made mention of gut instincts. I thought that Paula may have still been involved with her ex. I stated simply that something wasn't right and I followed my instincts with her finally. Well last week she contacted me and I asked her out for Friday night, but she declined and indicated we would get together this weekend. I left her a message on Friday, but she did not call me back. Saturday morning she left me a message, but when i tried to call her back all I got was voice mail. Turns out she was studying at the collge next door to my house for her Master's mid-term.
I went to wash my car at the nearby car wash and while I was vacuuming it out,....she sneaks up in her truck right behind me and blows the horn,..effectively making me skid my drawers. I was surprised, it was the first time we had seen each other in almost 7 weeks. although we had spoken two or three times, we still had not seen each other. She was as attractive as I remember and we instantly felt all of those things that people involved feel after a separation. I talked with her for a minute and she explained how much she missed me and still felt for me. I took this with a grain of salt, but continued to listen to her story. After a few minutes, she leaned over and kissed me and apologized for letting us end. We made out for a few minutes and it was obvious I had feelings for her still and she for me......After 30 minutes or so of talking and kissing, she left. We agreed (I thought) to get together that night if my plans fell through, which I told her were expected to fall through anyway.
I waited for her call Saturday afternoon, but she didn't call. I continued on with my errands all day, checking my phone to see if she called. My plans fell through Satu night as expected so I called her and again left a voice mail, by 11:30 I had called her three times and no answer. I spent a quiet night by myself, secretly waiting for Paula to call. She did not.
Sunday morning I get an email from her pretty much stating that she thinks I want back with Thatgirl and that there is nothing for us. She said that I was supposed to call her and she wanted to spend the night with me (I did call her). I was so livid,..that I just picked up the phone and called. We had twenty or so minutes of back and forth and I was getting madder by the second. She still thinks that bitch is in my life (since I told her she showed up last week and hell she did the same thing,..just popped up in my life again except a day after Thatgirl). She still thinks she is second fiddle.....this was a huge problem in our relationship. She always suspected I was cheating on her. Everyone that knows me knows that that was not true...there was ZERO contact with Thatgirl unless she just showed up or emailed me,..which did happen. But I was always honest with Paula and told her everything that went on, when it went on.....But here we are on the hpone getting nowhere and me having to defend myself to a girl I miss about things I am not doing.
I have a theory that if someone adamantly accuses you of something youa re not doing or several things that simply aren't true then they are probably projecting what they are doing on you. I mean if they are doing something wrong, and begin to accuse you of those things, its most likely because it is what they are doing and because they are doing those things they expect you are as well. Make sense? I have learned this over the years. Thatgirl solidified this with me and I was constantly being accused by Paula of things that just didn't make sense. And my guts told me something was up....I ignored them,..both then and again Saturday.
I get off the phone with her pretty mad and disappointed. She was telling me how I didn't try to fix us (which was BS) and how I made little effort. I point blank asked her if she was back with her ex or had intentions of it. She said "no". I asked her again....since that was what she was accusing me of. Again "No". After the phone call I wanted to at least make the effort. I took a shower and drove up to her house, about 26 miles away to face to face her. She was not there. I left a note, but before I drove back I thought maybe I should go by her mom's and see if she was there. Its about 6 blocks from her house,...her ex happens to live next door to her mom...I figured I would get my answers. I pulled up and honked the horn,...her Truck was there, so I knew she was. Her mom looked out, then dashed off and then looked out again.....I decide to go to the door....before I can get up the walk,..out comes Paula walking to the side of the house, trying to keep me away from the door.
She tells me to come over to where she is standing,..but I am just standing there looking at the door and back at her and then back at the door.....I knew I had caught her......I go over to her and tell her why I am there and she says "You need to leave"....I ask why? She just repeats that I need to leave.....I ask her if her ex is inside....again, you need to leave.......I ask her a gain and she finally fessed up that he was..... At that point rage took over. I was had,..not once, but twice by her. She had made a fool of me....she had been lying,...and she probably had been the entire relationship....my guts had not only been right once,..but twice...batting .1000.
At that point all I could do was yell loud enough for his sorry old ass (25 years her senior), that she was a whore, a bitch, and a liar. I repeated it again and said yelled at the house to enjoy his new fuck with her and now she has a new house and two cars for him to take,..since he did that in their divorce 8 years ago (took her for everything, and just so she could get out of all of it,..she gave it up and left her with nothing....she was partially at fault,..but he had cheated on her and she caught him). I left,..I laid rubber for the next 5 blocks I was soooooo disappointed and felt like sucha fool...sometimes its just better to not know the truth.....she had gotten me again and I fell for it. She left me messages trying to tell me that her and I were done,..but that she had never cheated on me with him......a liar is a liar is a liar......she got caught lying and at that point,....all she was doing was lying more....and trying to get me in bed and probably bedding him down too,...makes her a whore.......this is the end of Paula....I hope she enjoys her miserable life.....
Some people come into your life and are just a train wreck. They wreck havoc at every turn. They are low on ethics and are only out for themselves....she is one. I will always remember my instincts and gut feelings now. This lesson has been taught to me enough. I would rather over react then feel as I did yesterday....I will be in a better mood later and will get back to being funny.....but I promised the ups and downs of dating in this blog.....and there is your down, or mine rather........thus is dating and why I hate it so much.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my word! keep your head up Dave! you'll find "the one".

-C

2/28/2006 09:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home