Thursday, April 06, 2006

Accidental Set-up?

For the last couple of weeks I have been reconnecting with friends and buddies. When you date and you go from one potnetial long term to another,..you spend most of your time with those people and thus the friends,..most of which are married and you have to schedule an appointment with anyway...get kicked to the side a bit. This has been the case with me... and them....I have the best freinds in the world.....from best buddies to committee members. I can say that all of us can go weeks, months,..even years and when we see or talk again...its like there is no gap,...just catching up on news. I am hanging with one of the best buds Friday night....first time since the camping trip in October...should be a blast.
Today I swing by a contractor's place.....indirectly a customer of mine,...I have another good friend that works there,..but he and I haven't spoken in well over a year. Again same thing. When I was full time involved and living with my significant other at the time,..we would hang out with him and his wife. It became a Sunday tradition to watch the races on Sundays and eat, drink, be merry! But after I became single again and began dating and so forth we let the friendship kind of fade out. My other did not retain it at all,...but I tried to...it was just difficult. He and his wife are always into something and busy and of course I was dating....right before we parted ways, he and his wife set me up with a girl he works with, we'll call her Nad.
Nad and I went to a baseball game together with them and had a blast....we got on well and seemed to make fast friends....especially when you throw $1 beer into the mix. She was still hung up on her ex though and most times cancelled our dates and later I found out it was becuase she was trying to repair things with him...I was the back-up plan....you women always have one for sure.....just like us dudes call our ex's for booty calls.....see They're Back Pt II in the archives for clarification if needed....
Anyway,..I swing by to see him today,..and I ask about her....he calls her down to his office and we all get a good laugh over those times in our life about 2 years ago....and how much things have changed....She tells "M" that she sent out the word for beers after work and asked if he was going...he said he was going to try,..then she asked me to go....I know now that she is fully involved with someone,..but thought what the hell it could be fun,..I haven't seen "M" in a long time and Nad was always fun to be around....plus these folks are indirectly customers so I can write off the whole hang out.....good, good, and good. So I said yea!
Again I have been reconnecting with friends so two birds with one stone as they say. It will get me back on the call lists. After we all agree when and where,....Nad brings up "who" (as in who is going) and her face lights up.....she says you know I really liked you and I have no idea why I didn't think of this before.....My best friend moved here from Tallhassee late last year.....you two would probably get along great AND she is single......I can't wait to call her she says.............
ARRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGG...not looking for a date...still tieing up lose ends on several things as it is,..and still need to post all that has happened for the last two months....soooooo no there is no pressure since there will be several of us.....and I am there to see "M" anyway. Nad will surely do the introduction thing and has even emailed me since I saw her this morning.....I will blog the results tonight.....thus is dating...even if I am not technically dating right now.

Ok, Cubana post are coming and they top any story on the blog.....without question. There are still a few things to hammer out,..that will be able to fill in very pertinent details, I need those details to make some of this make sense,..so I have to wait..believe me you'll understand why later. Just remember, Dave never does whats good for him and often times is an idiot,..especially when it comes to the opposite sex. I should be able to post it all by the end of the month....I like there to be a cooling off period in case something comes up.....and I don't like to post while there is still something (friends or otherwise going on still),...its just not fair and would more than likley get me castrated if they find out I am giving details while they are still around). Most women I date know nothing of the blog...CM Eljay asked me this the other evening and I explained that if they did,...I wouldn't be able to post honestly for fear of them reading it....if for some reason they find out I will ask them NOT to read it,..since it may damage things for myself and them,...and I also don't want them to think I post details about them that should be left alone......the only ones that get that treatment are those that are bat-ass crazy or we part on bad terms....I think it is just better this way.....interested in comments on this issue though,..so post away or email me.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think it's good that you don't talk about them on here until it's done. i respect you for that.

i'm glad you're having fun!

-C

4/06/2006 04:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, you said that if I commented then you would make me a princess or was that a mistress, I can't remember, maybe it was an honorary something or another. Anywho, here is your comment.

love ya,
T

4/07/2006 06:18:00 AM  
Blogger Redneck Dave said...

Anon,..you are now my princess,..even if I had to ask you to comment.

Wifey,..you can borrow my gun anytime....but you have to come get it ;-))

4/08/2006 05:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home