Monday, March 20, 2006

Life is Short

Over the weekend I kind of had a personal moment or two. Simply reflecting on what I have and have not achieved in my life. It was kind of strange because there was no real reason to have a moment like that,..but either way I did. I began to kind of evaluate where, who, what, when, and why. Nothing really in depth,..but there comes a time when you have to more clearly define your goals and define yourself. When you have to look at the things you have done or HAVE NOT done and decided what is still doable and what shouldn't have been done. I talked with several friends this weekend. Some that I had wronged or had been not so good of a friend to. I didn't call them to make amends or anything in depth,..I did however call them and say "hi" and tell them that they came across my mind and I wanted to call them. Its amazing that in good friendships you can go days, months, even years without talking,..but when you do speak again,..you remember why you were friends in the first place. It great to talk with these people this weekend.
Personally, I need to do some house cleaning of my own. The only conclusion I came to this weekend, was simply that unlike usual, my head is completely not screwed on tight right now. I need to get back into my groove. Between dating crazy women,..and meeting wonderful women and in some cases trying to please both or stay away from some or whatever,..I have lost track of my own place in this world. I think that I discovered that things do matter. You cannot gloss over the details or skip them, you can't cut corners. Most of all,........you have to seize the day,....Carpe Diem! There are things that I beat myself up over,..there are things I beat others up over, there are things I neglect and things I want to do. This blog will remain funny, but there will be moments like this where I have to just kind of lay it out.
Today is Monday, and when I walked into my office, while on the phone with a friend, I found a letter on my desk from one of my customers. One of their employees, that I have known for almost 20 years, died Saturday! I think this made it all hit home. Life is short! Godspeed "B"!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home