Saturday, April 08, 2006

The Other Night

Well, the other night turned out to be pretty interesting.....M and I get there about the same time. So I ask for some recon on the woman Nad has decided to introduce me to. He tells me she is alright,...question #2..is she fat? Nope.....okay then rest is up to Cupid (Nad). So we walk in and there is a table full of people. Nad stands up and blocks M from siiting down where he intended,...which was next to her and across from her roommate (the victim). Nad made the introductions. We'll call her "NF" for Nad's friend. Nf was tall, slim, blue eyes, blonde hair, cute little librarian glasses, good smile,..and a pretty good personality. She was very nice and once the 6th pitcher of Margarittas arrived....she was getting even funnier......then a strange turn of events occured. Nad and I, even when we dated about 2 years ago, were always smartasses and very sarcastic to each other.....there was little chance of us ever going beyond friends because of this. We probably would have ended up killing each other. Tonight on the 11 o'clock news...a double murder on the southside,..man found with scissors in forhead,..woman found with duct tape on her mouth and nose, police say they are married,...no suspects! So her and I spend the bulk of the first hour, verbally assaulting one another,..much to everyone elses entertainment. It was quite funny. In the meantime though, I was trying to get a conversation going with Nf and also talk to M, who I haven't seen in years. She was fun to talk to and the conversation went easy enough,....except,...the more Nad had to drink,..the more flirty she was getting.....errrrr with me.....she was becoming touchy feely and kept putting her hand on my leg,....now being across from Nf I doubt she saw what was going on and that was probably Nad's intention. Nad is involved anyway,..so I blew it off....until I got fondled.......yep she flat out grabbed the boys,....YIKES......then the crowd thinned out a little and there was 5 of us at the table. Nad, M, Nf, and I, plus an older lady that was with the rest that left,..but she was having fun and wanted to stay.....Now M is married,..but thinks he is a player,..not as I put it in the blog,..but as it is in a dance club...PLAYER,....trying to get what he can where he can,...but he stops short of anything,...I think he just likes to stroke his own ego and see if he can still do it.....its funny if it wasn't so sad.....sometimes his wife gets pissed at him,..but most time she laughs.....anyway his wife wasn't there. So not only do I get "Cock Blocked" by him moving over to sit next to Nf, but I got Nad, doing it as well,..being much more obvious with her advances on me.....at some point tits came up in the conversation and Nad was showing me hers via two unbottoned buttons and a tug on the front....now I am not one to stare at tits,..but tits always seem to stare at my eyes....I just don't get it.....anyway....I look across the table and M is trying to feel up Nf,..who is so lit up by now,..she doesn't even care....I just laugh at M. Well it comes time to go and I am okay to drive, M is as well,...Nad had me worried,..and the 5th wheel was hoping Nad would take her home.....I drive Nf in her car to her and Nad's place. M follows us,..Nad takes home 5th wheel and eventually goes home. M drives me back to my truck and we joke about the night...fun stuff......
I call Nad on the way home to make sure she made it home,....she was just arriving...and asked if I liked Nf,...I said I did. She said she would look into getting her to go out with me and give me some recon.
Nf and I had a good, but inebriated conversation as I drove her home. I got a little back ground on her and learned a couple of things that may be of use later....she was very sweet and had a good disposition,....then again women are evil,.....and she was drunk,...so I may completely be wrong. I asked her if she was interested in going to a movie next week and she said yes,..but when I tried to get her number we were interrupted by M. I figured I would email Nad the next day and get the scoop as well as a number if Nf was interested. Nf apparently passed out and laid out of work the next day,..so I have yet to get the scoop. Nad and Nf both were going out of town separately this weekend so I have yet to get details or number.....so you know I will post it here.


Tonight the watering hole is having their monthly B-day party for people with B-days during the month. Mine is the 23rd......yep 36. Not looking forward to it actually and usually I enjoy b-days. This year is just another day. But tonight I am heading up the hole and getting my $10 free bar tab and have some fun. It has been one hell of a week and I have much to blog about,...as I said still waiting for another shoe to drop....I am not my normal chipper self and hung out by myself last night and basically trashed my apartment last night, like a bummed out bachelor. Lots of things on the ol noggin lately and not too happy with some of them or myself for them....but life goes on and maybe tonight I meet someone else to blog about....probably not though,..its always the same crowd,..however I did meet Cubana that way,..so who knows...

Also lately Nascar has popped back up again. She sent me an email detailing why she likes me and why she was sorry for being shitty to me and completely apologizes and explains everything...it was very telling and very eye opening,....we chatted a couple of times this week on the phone and agreed to meet today for lunch or something.....I know I am a sucker,..but as I have said I had a thing for Nascar and I also needed to clear my head of other issues....thought she might be a good way to do that. We have alwys talked well and there are usually plenty of laughs......I called her about 11:30 no answer,.....I didn't leave a message,..she rarely checks them anyway....I called back about 1 and left a message this time.....I tried again at 4 and got her,.....but she asked if she could call me back in 20....I said yes,.....she called me back and I ask what her deal is.....and there again I heard Nascar as she really is.....and suddenly it dawned on me.....her email to me was for her own conscience and not to explain shit to me....she is a user that likes to never quite let go,..play peoples feelings,..and keep them just close enough to wanting her that she retains some control.....I asked her what happened to lunch today,..and I get some lame excuse........I tell her it was her loss and asked her to never contact me again.....I have removed her phone numbers from my phone to prevent drunk dialing (and since they are programmed, I really don't know the number,..only her name shows up). I moved her email address to my spam blocker,..so Iwon't know if she does try to contact me,..and I have removed anything that reminds me of her.....last thing I said to her was,..you will now be a stranger to me.....if you see me,.... know that.......and YES I do mean it....done deal,..no looking back for DD.
I have today put to rest Nascar and she joins the pile of bodies,...like Gilf, Youngin, Thatgirl, Cubana, and anyone else I neglected to mention... now the slate is clean barring one small issue left to be decided regarding Cubana.....but it doesn't appear that is will ever be resolved....I am just giving it time.....we parted on good terms if thats what we call parting (am I leading you on about the post or what???)! So today is a new day....I cleaned up the beer cans and pizza boxes from the apartment floor. I put away dishes and finally did 3 weeks worth of laundry....I changed my sheets and the only thing left to do is take a shower and clear my head of the rest. Once that happens its back to the drawing board,..maybe back on Myspace,....maybe back on Match,..maybe back on both, maybe neither. The good thing about the watering hole is that these are my friends. And the committee Prez "K" will be there,....she finally knows the conclusion or lack thereof with Cubana....she has given her two cents and I think she is right...Most of the committee agrees,...somethings are just not going to work for outside reasons (as opposed to internal) and all but CM "Ames" and CM SIS "K" knows what happened....soon anyone reading will.....and I am sure the comments will fly. Some I told you so's,...will be in order.

Okay I will be in a better mood next post and we will be back at some fun.....I am not ready to be back on the horse yet. My arse still hurts from the fall,...but I am walking to the stables to check out the saddles (one with airbags this time, please!)...we shall see...this is EXACTLY why I say dating sucks....I suppose I should make the best of it I kind of have to.....

Special thanks to CM Eljay! You rock babe,..and you give great advice,..still adhereing to it by the way,...wish you were 8,000 miles closer,....you'd make an awesome "Wingman".

Next posts are going to be unique and I will be doing it live on location!!! I will explain later what that means and what I am doing, but it will be live dating.....I have a great idea....

Also Guest bloggers when they get unlazy will be posting....CM Rugbywife has been under the weather,..so I am simply waiting on her to feel well enough to write....

So long for now....
DD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home