Wednesday, July 26, 2006

E-dating or E-Stalking (you're not going to believe this!!)

Some people need to stay single and certainly should be shown the way out of the gene pool by the life guards. There was a time when Darwin had it right,...the stupid and weak would kill themselves off and the strongest would survive. Unfortunately, it appears, that we allow too many stupid people to stay alive,..by helping them after they do something stupid, saving their lives after they do something stupid, dumbing down laws to allow them to be more stupid, and mostly allowing them to E-date......

Okay, sooooooo with that said. I was actually reading current events (since I am a war buff) and was on a blog reading about the current conflict in Lebanon. I was on a Jewish site, seeing what the Israelis were really trying to do (hopefully kick some terrorist ass,..but I digress). The Jews, Go love them, (err and he does apparently), can put war and life on the same page. I mean that is reading of the horrible things going on around them and to them,..they still E-date and try to live normal lives. I suspect that since theyhave been at war for their entire existence it is just a part of life to them. So I am reading about war and on the same site is a story about an E-date (From J-date,...a Jewish online dating site) and I actually shot Dr. Pepper out of my nose.....sooooooooooooooooooo I am going to post some of it and give you some details,..but I urge you to click the link to the read the whole thing.......They even have audio!!!

MAN THIS IS FUNNY!

So it goes like this...........

Guy goes on J-date looking for a mate (hey that rhymes,..look at me the poet!)
He sets up a pretty normal profile:


About me:

I joined JDate four weeks ago. Cute, tall and funny best describes me!
I am a person whom is usually on the go, particularly in the warm
weather. In the summertime you can typically find me on the beaches in the
Hampton's or New Jersey shore. In the wintertime I enjoy taking drives
to beautiful towns such as Lambertsville, Red Bank, Katonah, Port
Jefferson and Greenwich. "People watching" can be an easily enjoyable
activity for me. I own a management consulting firm assisting financial
institutions with regulatory issues. I travel extensively for business and
pleasure.

I am looking for:

I am on JDate to find someone special. I have no set rules per se on
dating someone younger/older (20-40). I have learned that age really does
not matter; so why limit any possibilities in finding a life long
partner. Wouldn't you agree? Physcial characteristics: Preferably tall and
medium build. Mentally: Fun and easy going. Someone who is comfortable
with themselves. I love a good jokester so please be funny!

Okay so pretty normal.............then he goes on with more details and so forth, typical of this genre of dating.

He gets a date:


So Darren asks Joanne out. Joanne accepts. They eat at China Grill. (Nice restaurant. I've been there.) Darren pays, despite Joanne offering to split the check.

At some point after the meal, Darren gets the idea that Joanne didn't like him.

Rather than just chalk it up to a bad date (hey, it happens, right?) Darren... Well, Darren has other plans.

DARREN EMAILS JOANNE ASKING HER TO SEND HIM $50 FOR HER PORTION OF DINNER.

Yes. I paused and re-read that about 30 times, too.

I couldn't be serious, could I? He actually didn't email that, did he? Oh, but he did:


Yeah he emails her.....I thought this was funny at first. It was not quite said what made "Paranoid Darren" think she didn't like him,...maybe she picked up a waiter while there. Maybe, just maybe,...she told him,...maybe he's just a jackass and most people don't like him and he just suspected,...so Ithought okay well,..that's pretty funny,.....but he was beyond serious.

This story is credited to a fellow blogger PRDifferently the full post is here: I have asked his permission and will remove it if he denies,..but this story is begging to be told.....

Well Darren sends this email:

From: Darren Sherman
Date: Jun 19, 2006 8:48 PM
Subject: Date
To: xxxxx@xxxxxx.com
:
Cc:


Sorry things didn't work out. I guess you changed your
mind.
Here is my address for the $50 bucks:
East Street, Apt. 504
NY NY 10028
Take care,
Darren



Then he gets no response....so what does a ballsy, single, psycho who feels jilted do??? Sends another email of course:


From: Darren Sherman
Date: Jun 20, 2006 8:13 AM
Subject: Darren
To: xxxxx@xxxxxx.com
:
Cc:


Joanne,

I wanted to follow up on my email and call to you last night to ensure you received my messages for the $50.

Please acknowledge by replying to this email that you will be sending me the $50.

I hope you understand from my point of view.

Thanks,
Darren

Okay go read the rest PRDifferently tells this story way better than I:
The dude even calls the place they ate and sends her his Amex bill.......don't miss this:

Thanks PRDifferently:
http://prdifferently.typepad.com/my_weblog/2006/07/how_not_to_act_.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home