Friday, July 07, 2006

A Tolerance Date

A "Tolerance Date" is a trick I learned a long time ago while in the military and it has served me well. I do it with every woman and often it is the make or break of a new relationship. The theory goes like this:
If you are dating someone and have gone out a couple of times and she has not committed the cardinal sins of dating yet,....1) emabrrassing you in front of her friends, your friends, or complete strangers because she turns out to be a total freak,..just add alcohol. (Now it is expected that this will happen sometime,..but not before the "Tolerance Date" 2) If you can stand her company for long periods of time....i.e., no snorting when she laughs,..no obnoxious screechie voice, smells nice and not like hairspray, doesn't like to punch you in the nuts for laughs, she doesn't dress like a total whore....you get the idea. 3) She doesn't already totally hate all of your friends.....
Once they make it through this initial "I can stand her and sex is or will be good",..then it is time for the "Tolerance Date". You can completely have repeat overnights with one another and still never learn the things a good "Tolerance Date" will teach you. So the way I do this is simple. I plan a day trip somewhere...somewhere that requires you to be couped up in a vehicle together for AT LEAST 4 total hours, preferably longer...it can be an over night or not,..but I have learned what you learn on the way to the over night may make you want to drive home immediately after buying her a greyhound ticket....so I stick with day trips. See being locked up together in a vehicle lets you know many things....does she sing out of tune and the wrong words to songs....errr at the top of her lungs??? Does she constantly bitch about how cold/hot it is in the car/truck. Does she fuck with the mirrors and look through your console and glove box? Does she just change your radio station without warning and crank up somehting you despise?
Can she have an indepth conversation and work to keep you occupied while you drive...or just totally ignore you. Is she affectionate,..you know,..rubbing the back of your head,..or holding your free hand,...or hell even give you a "road blow" OOOPS I TYPED THAT OUTLOUD? Does she bitch completely about your driving. Does she have to stop every 10 minutes to pee.....will she pee on the side of the road without question? Does she speak non-stop or not even wait for a reply. Does she help load or unload the truck at the destination...does she point out something she thinks you might like or think is funny on the roadside or wherever? Does she show her tits to every trucker......YOU GET THE IDEA.....see being in a truck for a long trip,..especially coming home when you are tired and have had a long day can be very telling...does she doze off leaving you by yourself to get her home safely.....or does she do her best to keep you company to keep you from dozing off......does she bust out some snacks and either hand you a manageable portion or even feed you while you drive.....personally I think you can learn volumes this way........I mean WAY more than you would on dates. Driving and traffice have a way of bringing out the worst in people and if the trip is fun and enjoyable then maybe you have a found a person to hang with.....if you find yourself hoping for a car accident involving you,..well its best you go your separate ways...TRUST ME.....this is her true nature.....and yours too in the 4 hours of driving you will see both.......

A Sergeant I had in the USAF taught me this and within months I had a chance to learn of its value.

I was a Cop in the Air Force and she "Alyssa" was a nurse. Perfect right? I would go hang out with her at the hospital when i worked graveyard shift because it was quiet, they had the best coffee on base and it was bright inside. Her and I never went ona date,..but spent many nights chatting it up and then maybe a drink at the NCO Club....but our schedules (Days on/off) never really jived with each others,...so making a date was impossible. But finally after months, we both were to get off a decent time on a Friday afternoon and were not due back until late Sunday afternoon. We agreed that we would drive up to Alpine Helen in Georgia,..about a 3.5 hr trip. It is a very pretty town settled in the early 1800's by German immigrants. The city still has all of its Alpine charm and achitecture as well as being nestled in the largest mountains in Georgia.....very pretty place.
It was about 4 in the afternoon when we set out. She met me at my dorm room as I was hauling stuff to take with us for the trip,....we had pretty much agreed it was going to be an overnight trip. She followed me up and down the stairs as I loaded the truck,..never once taking initiative to help carry anything or even offer,...up and down she followed me just babbling about her day...i should have known then,...but I was thinking abut the action,..not the effort involved therein.....oh and the tolerance....We got ont he road and were on no more than ten minutes when she said she was hungry....I needed to fill up the truck so we stopped for food. She expected me to pay for both our dinners and pay for all the gas too,....that was NOT what we agreed to,..but either way she offered no financial assistance. She out ranked me and knew exactly how much I made,..but wasn't offering....either way she was going to pay for half of the room....we never discussed this being a date,...it was a road trip....but OK I can take it....I was only making about $300 every two weeks then and most of that went to insurance and truck payment.....but ok...I was going to have fun....ont he way there,..she went to sleep,..leaving me to drive....then she would wake up and crank up the heat (it was a chilly spell in May for Georgia)...this made me sleepy,..so I rolled down the window,..which woke her up and I had to stop and get her jacket out of her bag since it was too chilly out for her to get out.....ok...I needed to wake up anyway....we get there and stop to get a room,..so we could go out that evening and the next morning.....BOOOOOOKED SOLID...we stopped 5 or 6 places.....i forgot it was Memorial Day weekend....this was a holiday spot....her and I agreed to keep driving the next nice town was about 25 minutes away,..Chatanooga Tennesee,....we headed that direction,..she kept changing the radio station and just in general pissing me off witht he friggin heat,..my feet were burning up....I had to stop and duct tape the floor vent on my side....I should have smacked her and told her to sit there and quit bitching (ooops I typed that outloud didn't I). Chatanooga,...had zero vacancies,..so we proceeded East to Franklin, NC, where my family has a cabin,..it was very late though and I knew my granny was there. I called my dad and asked and he said the half the family was there....great there would be no room there either.....ol girl was asleep,..and I was tired of driving,....what started out as a three hour tour - a three hour tour (as in Gilligan's Island) was now 7 hours into driving. I stopped to fill back up the gas tank,..no financial assistance from her again,..and now the trip was getting to be very expensive....we get back on the road and not five minutes later she has to piss......and only a "CLEAN" bathroom would do.....I was still looking for a place to sleep....I stop at a gas station AGAIN....its now 2:30 a.m. or so......she gets back in and back on t he road we go now heading back home....I had given up,..my quest for the ever illusive hotel room and some action...we got home at sunrise,......I dropped her off at her dorm and left for mine,..there was barely a goodbye.....never spoke with her again..................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home