Wednesday, November 02, 2005

First Date Nightmares Pt I.

I have been meaning to fully post the nightmares of first dates.....The worst of these tie into the stories contained here in the blog,...and in an effort to speed up posting I have kept details out of the posts.....but now is a good time to tell how some of the stories went....
1) ThatGirl: Well the first night I met that girl WAS not out first date,..simply a meeting...you can find that in the posts regarding her,.....10 days after we met, we intended to go out to dinner and hang out on a Thursday night.....on the Wednesday before, I developed PINK EYE!!!! WTF? I have never had pink eye before.....gees....I tried everything to get it to go away,..but the eye boogers kept coming....I pushed out date off to Friday. She was cool with it...We had been speaking via phone four hours a night since the day we met on my B-day at my bar....
I picked her up at her house and we headed south of town for dinner...to a BBQ place we both wanted to try.....We sat at the bar waiting for a table to open up for almost an hour...the bar was sticky (which I hate and she commented the same so we laughed about it). Finally we were seated and there was no silver ware, and no drink order...it was like we were seated outback or something. After 20 minutes I flagged a waitress who promptly told me I was not her table.....Now I am nice,..but I don't give a damn who's table I am,...send someone or do it yourself.....its your job and your company,..make it happen....finally 20 more minute,.... we get silverware and still no drinks.....I go to the bar and order drinks for us and complain,..they were on the house...fine! ThatGirl and I were getting along fine and we made do.
after 45 minute of sitting at the table before we saw someone again,..we ordered....food showed up,..it was not so good.....and we went to pay,..again we had to flag someone down to pay and clear the table....we had now been at dinner for 3 hours....from the time we walked in until the time we left....the check showed we waited for them to come take it and settle up.....10 minutes later we walked up to the front and asked for the manager.....a pimpley kid about 22 asks if everything was alright......I laid into him.......I gave him a gift certicate that I had and said just ring us up so we can leave.....he comped the meal and it was free.....okay fine,..we left....ThatGirl and I decided to go get a drink at a place on the river....when we showed up,.... it never occurred that tonight was prom night.....holy crap the place was loaded with tuxedos and prom dresses that would end up on the floor in a ball in a cheap motel room by 12:00 a.m.,..We went across the river to a not so hot night spot.....after going to three or four bars,..we never got a drink,...too busy,..too empty,..too whatever....by now its 12:00 so we head back to the first bar/rest on the river hoping prom revelers were doing their deeds,..sure enough it was empty,..we finally ordered our drinks and waited watching the band...when they show up,..I look over at ThatGirl to say something and she is white as a ghost......and cold sweating.....OH BOY great! I bet I am making a great impression....I ask if she is alright and she says "NO" I need to go home.....I drank my drink and hers too, then threw a $10 on the table and left...with her ....We get to the car and I open her door,..she was looking very ill.....I get her halfway home and she says "STOP THE TRUCK!!!" I swing into a parking lot and she proceeds to blow chunks,.....and in between chunks in the bushes outside the truck she is telling me if I get out of the truck I am a dead man....I stay in the truck....I grab an old shirt and put it on her seat with a tin of Altoids breath mints....knowing what its like to blow chunks I felt maybe one or both would do her good......I get her home and she takes off from the truck as soon as we pull up,...leaving a trail of smoke and her purse....I grab her purse and take it up to her porch and wait.....she comes back out and says.....I AM SOOO SORRY!!! What could I say I felt 10X worse than her.....Geees I made her sick for God's sake!!!
Suddenly she takes off again.....back to the bathroom.....a few minutes later she appears and says "I hate to ask you this,..but...." Now I am thinking she is getting ready to tell me to leave or that we can't see each other or something....but no,.....she says I need you to drive me to get toilet paper......apparently she was having an all out evacuation.....I obliged gladly, I even went in and bought her some water, a ginger ale, and a Gatorade,....some tums and some Pepto Bismol. I tried to cover everything....we get back to her house and I no sooner stop then she is off again up to the house....I grab everything,..and wait on the porch...20 minutes later she emerges......feeling better, thankful, sorry, and embarrassed. I give her a hug, she kisses me on the cheek and begs to make it up to me.....Wha? Ok.....so there was that first date...It should have been indicative to me as to what was to come.....drama, drama, with a side of drama.....but still fun none-the-less.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home