Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Camping with Da Boys



Sometimes a man needs to get back to his very nature and Nature. I did that this weekend with two of the best friends a man could ask for. These guy have been "wingmen" and "hey let's get drunk to help you past it" kind of fellows. I have known them since my teens, so there are no secrets and they know exactly who I am.
We went camping in NC this weekend and spent total guy time,...cooking steaks over an oak fire,..shooting off about 3,000 rounds from various guns we own,...talking about farting and girls.....
There is little difference between now and when I met them.....we laugh hardily and fully to the point of tears and cramps.....they get along with each other so it makes for good conversation. They got me over ThatGirl this weekend and it was EXACTLY what the Dr. ordered to go off with them.....They are great and will most certainly be in my life for the rest of it.......I cannot explain the power of close buddies....they kick you when you are down,....then pick you up and do it again......but IT IS fun and I do it to them too,....but when it comes down to brass tacks,....we would all take bullets for each other.....and that is key........we have grown up together,..shared the love songs, and tears, break-ups and make ups....if there are two people in my life that I could not go without,..its these two fellas.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home