Tuesday, November 08, 2005

The Fighter In Me Cont....

The next day, I decide to go back and hang out for happy hour since it was Friday and to apologize to the owners for the ruckus....When I got there, "D" was alreay there and so was his wife,...again?? Two days in a row?? She must have come back to keep him from getting his bald ass head slapped around...hehehehehehehehehe
Because I have known him for a while, 24 hours ought to be enough to settle it all down, I approached him,...before I could even get my hand out to shake his,..he had already begun apologizing and gave me a buddy hug,..kind of a half ass and manly like us guys do when we are making up over a fight hug,..this is not to be confused with the two men drunk giving each other hugs and noogies while saying "I love you , you little farker" and then proceeding to sing at the top of their lungs "IIIIIIIIIII Got Friiiiieeeeeeeeenddssss in low placessssssss, where the whiskey rounds and the beeer chases my bluuuuuuueeessss awayyyyyy and I'lllll be Okayyyyyyyyy""""
This was a let's not fight type of hug,..kind of like two boxers at the end of a tiring round...okay with me...so I bought him and his wife a round and proceeded to get my Friday on!!!! D and I joked back and forth about the parking lot for a few minutes and then in walked the hotty again.....alright!!!!,...if I hadn't made a big enough ass out of myself the day before,..I was going to get a second chance......she walked straight up to me after saying her hellos to the family and asked me to sit down with them,..she was buying the next round....I obliged this time,..since cool went way out the window the day before....IS THERE A FIRST DATE STORY HERE ANYWHERE????? Oh yeah........
I shall call hotty "Lori"
I sit next to Lori and we begin joking about the day before and just in general...Now I neglected to mention that "Youngin" was also at the bar the day before and again this day. It had been about a month since I tossed her alcoholic, needy, ass out of my apartment. Little did I know, the two of them knew each other.....but it did come up in conversation.....Lori and I talked about all kinds of things. We almost forgot there were other people at the table, but obnoxious "D" made sure we knew he was there....it was ll good. Lori and I share a b-day and that gave us a good chuckle....not that I believe in it,..but two Tauruses by all accounts should stay far far away from each other. I mean how many Bulls do you see on a farm of cows??? There is a reason for this......
After about an hour I ask her if she would like to go somehwere else the next night for a drink....she quickly replied "yes"....we setup for the next night.Dinner and rinks at The Ale House, I would pick her up and call her sometime during the day to confirm....
I called the enxt day and got voice mail.....I called again later in the day and again got voice mail.....Yippppeeee stood up!!!! That's just plain rude.....Finally about 2 hours prior to our meet time she called me back. I could tell she was hesitant and even having second thoughts.....being as experienced as I am at being stood up, I immediately addressed the issues. I told her look, just meet me there at 8:30 that way of you don't want to stay you can leave at will....At this point I usually want to tell them to pay for their own drinks and dinner too,..but I usually will wait until the check comes,..if we have a good time I picked it up,..if it sucks I ask them to anty up,..TO ME IT IS ONLY A DATE IF I PICK YOU UP AND DROP YOU OFF (unless circumstances require seperate transportation, like coming straight from work or something and I think this is fair....).
She agreed and so we met...She looked great, and we easily slipped back into good conversation ont he way inside and at the bar,.....ahhh mistake number one,....instead of waiting on a table like I should have, we took open bar stools. I didn't realize at the time that this would become an issue.....more like a whole subscription of issues......
We got our first couple of drinks down we went outside to smoke a cigarette...I don't normally smoke, but will if my company does.....so we hang out outside and continue laughing and making fun of people...She is receptive and open in posture,..touching me and leaning on me to warm up and so forth (it was alittle chilly this particular night). We go back in and order I womdigious (yeah my word) order of Chicken, chili, cheese, smothered and covered, nachos.....This plate must have weighed roughly 49 lbs., but I'm guessing.....;-))
We finish eating and have a couple of more drinks,..things seem to be going well until Quido walks in.....
Lori and I are sitting at the end of a long rectangular bar, to my left and at 90 degrees to us is a loud redneck who obviously makes more money than he can spend (but will try) and his former stripper girlfriend....they are nice,..but loud. I was actaully on the corner of the bar next to them, they on my left, Lori on my right, next to is one empty stool and then a single person and the other corner....so bascially four stools on the end three occupied. Back to Quido......
Quido (I don't know his name, but this is what he became named shortly after) is a bout mid to late 40's 5'10" 180 Lbs, Puerto Rican with slicked back hair and dark slacks white shoes and resembling John Travolta in Saturday Night fever,..it was Saturday night and all. He was still wearing his Ford Dealership shirt (CAR SALESMAN) and is designated via his name tag,...Used Car Sales Manager......got the picture??? He comes in loud and waiving to people in the bar with that greasy car salesman smile (kind of rembles many politicians acting like they know and like everyone in a romm, when in all actuality all they know is the money they are trying to swindle) , just as you would expect a Quido to do,..except I don' think he actually knew most of who he was waiving too,..I think it was from smelling too much exhaust all day....
He slides up in a greasy sort of way next to Lori. Now Lori is part hispanic and mostly Native American, Straight black hair, down to her butt, dark eyes, moderately dark complected,..beautiful.......high cheek bones, great full face smile......Well Quido introduces himself, interrupting our conversation,..but never introducing himself to me....so I introduced my self to him,..to let him know there was not to be a chance in hell of him worming in. He offered to buy her a drink and I spoke up and said that I would be handling all of her drinks for the night,...she turned back to me and we began talking again.....a few minutes goes by and Quido,..fires his second volley, this time with me staring his ass down, letting him know that my balls were WAY bigger than his and he was pushing his luck.....he was trying to Cockblock me.....She turns to him to see what he wants (she is a very nice person and I was not at all expecting her to tell him to shut-up and fark off),....but I was wishing she would, and since it was our first real meeting who was I to expect it....She turned to him and just stared,..he said "hey you look hispanic" (Playing the race card,..now I wanted to full on Donkey punch him right int he forehead)....She said that she was partly, but mostly Native American,..and turned back to me.....he tapped her again and again she turned and just stared at him,...he commented on her beauty and now it was time for me to step in.....I said "Why yes she is very beautiful and in the middle of a conversation with me,.......if you would please excuse us" Now that was about all the class I could dig up,...but my ire had already been pushed to the limit of restraint.
He apologized profusely and raised his hands (like I am sure his sorry ass has had to do to more than one police officer in his life) and backed away from the bar,..moving on to pester someone else...The redneck next to me asked if I knew the guy and I said "No". The neck said "I think he sold me my truck,..he's a jackoff", but he didn't say it loud enough for Lori to hear....I agreed and proceeded with my conversation with Lori....sure enough here comes Quido again, he bellies up to the bar next to us again and this time makes a comment to me about something stupid and not worth responding to, but being who I am I give him a laugh, a chuckle, and a comment,..simply to show Lori I was a socialble guy and I didn't want to pound his head into the bar rail until he passed out.....now I know what you are thinking.....I thought you didn't fight!!!! I don't but some people do just need to have their asses slapped around,...and you know I am right!!! Fight or not these people make you want to...Quido was one.......
So I get back into conversation with Lori and Quido chimes in again,..this time I slip and say "Dude,..can you see we are talking here???, Can you see that neither of us has interest in anything you might say??? Can you see that I have been trying to be nice, while you pester me, offer to buy her a drink, and so on,..will you please for the love of God, go find someone else to bother......???" This was about as much class and restraint I could dig up....Quido replies with more "I'm sorry's" and just then he noticed redneck,...."HEYYYYYY DIDN"T I SELL YOU A TRUCK???"
Thank you God for not making me kill this asshole, thank you God for letting him be distracted and attracted away from me......and Lori,....Thank you God, see you in Church tomorrow......He and redneck get loud and boisterous. What I failed to realize was that now,....jackoff is directly to MY left,...at least he would be easier to punch now.....Umm I mean ignore.....Well the neck and he chat for a few and then the neck goes back to the stripper.....Quido backs away from the bar into my blind spot......Lori and I are sitting sideways at the bar facing each other enjoying a conversation,..when behind me I feel that "thing"...You know that "thing" when you can tell something is going on behind you even though it makes no sound and you can't see it?....I notice Lori glancing over my shoulder, then immediately back to me. He was trying to flag her down behind my back to get her attention (see I knew something was going on),..I give it a second and as soon as the nano second happen that I felt it again,...I turned quickly towards Quido....we are now about 5 feet apart. I give him the "I'm going to go ahead and kill you, now!!" look. I say as low as I can without being heard by Lori and only by him."If you don't move the fuck away from me now and leave me alone the rest of the night I am going to take your ass outside and beat the everlovin fuck out of you and stuff you in the trunk of your own car,..Got It!" He backs away and says "whoa man, its all good......" and moves to the other side of the bar so fast redneck pipes up...."What the hell did you say to him man,..heheheheheheeh that was funny,....He had a look like a deer in headlights,.....man what did you say??"
I am whispering "Shhhhhhh" to him and winking and turn back around to Lori,..who then asks me what I said.....Nothing "I just asked him to leave us alone and go home to his wife and kids!!" She asked if I tried to start a fight......I said "No, There in no Fighter in me anymore!"(but let his sorry ass comeback).
Maybe ten minutes go by and Quido has moved back into talking range with Redneck, now his back is to me and he is involved,..they are trying to scrape him off too,..but he is at least too busy talking to them to bother us....Lori excuses herself to go to the bathroom,...I stand up to see her off,...Now Quido isn't facing me,..but IS watching her walk to the bathroom.....he turns to the neck and sort of me,...and says "What a great peice of ass man,..man is she beautiful, I would love to tap that ass" He doesn't think I hear him and the comment happens after she has been gone a minute or two....I was really torn between punching him in the mouth and totally showing my ass....but I din't! After the events of the day before I don't want to have Lori think I have anger issues.....The neck didn't hear what Quido said,..because his stripper had said something to him.
Quido was back standing near me when he said this....I turned to him and told him "Watch your fucking mouth, she has more class than you have ever seen and now its time for you to leave....do it now, or I am going to punch you,..you have 10 seconds to get out of the door muther fucker go! Go now!....do it!" Neck and stripper were back involved in their conversation and did not hear his comment fully or mine,....just as Lori walks out,..he heads out the door,..I pretend like I am not watching him leave quickly......Lori sits down and we order one more drink......
Just then Neck sees the door swing wide and Quido's elbows and asshole smoking out the door.....I turn to Lori and Neck Chimes in loudly......"Wooooooo Hoooooo what did you say to him man,..he took off like his ass was on fire.....Woooo boy,....you must have told him off, man I ain't never seen him move that fast even when I was buying my truck in cash"
I just chuckled and turned back to Lori,..who again asked if I ran him off,...I tried to say "No" and leave it at that,..but Neck chimed in again........"Man Dude, Wha'd you say.....HEHEHEHEHEHEHE man he was hauling ass" Just then Lori pipes up and say "Yeah,...what did you say??" So I told both of them,..that he made a comment about her virtue and what he'd like to do and I asked him to leave quickly"" Neck says " I thought I heard him say that,..but man what did you say,..that boy was skeered!!!"
Lori was not impressed that I was defending her honor at all,..the next thing out of her mouth was "I am ready to go"......I paid up and we headed to the door....I walked her to her car and apologized and told her exactly what he said......
Lori got into her car and says "Well we have known each other three days, on the first day you tried to beat up my step-dad,...then on our first date,..you try to get into a fight at a bar,..I don't think this will work....but thanks for dinner....." I tried to explain,..but there was no use........I even called her the next day,..that was when she told me that she and Youngin had also talked about it and Youngin said I was an asshole. Lori then at least gave very little credit toYoungins statement saying that I was far from an asshole to her (Lori), but the fighting thing would be an issue,....then she said "get some anger management classes or something and maybe we can talk again,..but for now,....I am not interested!"
Geeeeees can't a brother get a break?????
I kept her number in my phone......just in case I ran into her again or wanted to call her months down the road and ask her out for a drink....ThatGirl called her number on the night she called everyone else in my phonebook and asked how she knew me and so forth and was basically being a bitch.......I just deleted the phone number after that,...there was no need even calling to apologize,....she thinks I have anger issues and now knows that I have an angry psycho ex......lucky me!!! Ever onward!!!!! Did I mention dating Sux???? There is apparently still a fighter in me.....!
Dave

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As an outsider, both almost fights were acceptable and anger management classes are not warranted. Every man should have a little bit of fight left when some ass is talking about the woman he's with.....

11/10/2005 12:04:00 PM  
Blogger Redneck Dave said...

Amen, preach on brother...I still have the fight in me,...I just don't ahve a dental plan..... ;-))

11/11/2005 12:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home